Thursday, December 13, 2007

Getting Ready For Christmas

What a fast week - didn't realize it's been seven days since I last signed in - haha - kind of sounded like what a person says when they go to confession! At least that's what they show people saying on TV -I'm not Catholic, and don't go to confession. Actually, I think that there is some type of confession in the Episcopal Church - the High Church - whatever that might be. Have to look that up sometime.

I finally got around to begin wrapping presents today. I didn't think I had too many at all - but was surprised as I pulled out one gift after another from various places in the house. For the family Christmas party this weekend, I had to wrap 11 gifts - six for the kids, and one gift for each of the adults that will be coming from my family - five more. Combine those with the ones I needed to wrap from the other side of the family, and the ones I have so far for my family - YIKES! - that's a lot of presents. I got a lot of help from the kitten - he seemed to think it was his duty to inspect each and every present being wrapped. Of course this could only be done as he climbed onto the table to investigate. As fast as he could climb up, I would grab him and put him back on the floor - it was losing battle for me. He was much quicker. Why I didn't just pick him up and put him in another room and shut the door I'm not sure. That sure would have been easier!

We are dog sitting for Ayn and Alex this week. They dropped their dog off yesterday afternoon. She seems quite happy and content- though I think she was surprised to find a new cat here. The two of them spent a little bit of time getting acquainted, and now seem like old friends. That's good because she will be here for a week. Now - one more little adjustment might be needed. Sean will be gone for the weekend, and we may watch his cat too. Three cats, and two dogs - that is quite a managerie. The biggest problem is trying to keep the ones inside that are indoor pets. Kind of makes me tired just thinking about it.

Tomorrow I will begin making the first of the rum cakes of the season. I think that I have at least 8 to make this year - maybe a few more. They are kind of spread out over the next few weeks, so I don't have to make too many all at once. I need four before next Friday - that's not too bad.

Time to go - need to get back to the wrapping!

No comments: