Sunday, March 2, 2008

Vacation Poll

Well, the vacation poll is closing in about 30 minutes - last chance to get your vote in. Right now the vote is evenly split between Sydney and Paris. I haven't voted yet myself, but that is because I can't pick a favorite from Sydney, Rome, or Paris. I love to travel, and I can find wonderful things in just about every city I have ever visited. I've been to Sydney twice - and loved it both times. I've been to Paris once - and will be going back again this summer - can't wait. Rome - what can I say about Rome? For me, there was something truely magical about Rome - but I think I need to go back again to make sure I wasn't under some kind of magical spell - hahahah. I really loved Rome.

India was a place that defies explanation - at least for me. I don't think that anything can really prepare a person for the experience that one encounters there. It is the only place I have ever been that one experiences 500 years of time - all at the same time. Old and new, camels and cars - side by side on the road. Animals as a means of transporation, and next to them cars and scooters. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to go there and be a part of this tiny space in time where all is happening at once. It is a land of extreme poverty - and yet, the people seemed to be at peace with their lives. It is a land of dismal opportunity for most, yet everywhere one looks, there are women in gorgeous, beautiful saris of all colors. It has a look of hope - even though hope is non existant. Hmmmmm, not really sure how I jumped to India - no cities in India are on my vacation poll. Chalk it up to the wanderings of my mid-life mind. I just never seem to know where it will take me these days.

Time for this weeks poll to close - gotta go so I can check the results, and figure out a new poll for next week.

No comments: