Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday and we're still at the beach. Slept late - 9:00! - and enjoyed every minute of it. Woke up to what sounded like gale force winds, and rain that was coming down in torrents. Breakfast in bed - toast and coffe - lovely, and then a nice long bubble bath lit by candles surrounding the tub. Doesn't get any better than that. Finally was dressed and ready to go by noon. We went to the cute little bakery that not only has fabulous breads and treats, but makes wonderful sandwich wraps for lunch. We ordered up several each of the vegetarian and southwest chicken wraps. Of course we (or maybe I should say "I") had to have a couple of their soft and chewy home made cookies for dessert. Oatmeal raisin, and molasses - it's a toss up for me which I like best.

The rain continued thru the afternoon, as we amused ourselves watching funny videos on utube. Finally at 5:00 we decided to go to Happy Hour at Bill's. We got there, sat down, and were ready to order when we found out that the nacho's that were on the menu the day before - were no longer on the menu. Since we (or I guess I should say "I") had my heart set on nacho's - we decided to go to Warren House instead. We had FABULOUS nacho's, wine, and visited with our favorite server. I think it was a total win for us!

It's almost 7:00pm now - the rain has stopped - for just a few minutes - the sun is out, and life is good. I'm at the beach - don't you wish you were me? Does that sound snotty? Don't mean for it to - I'm just happy where I am.

No comments: