Saturday, April 5, 2008

April Showers Bring May Flowers

April has started out true to form - showers - lots and lots of showers. Of course that beats the snow, hail, snow, cold, snow, hail, snow, and well, you get the picture, that we had last week - every day. Latest snow in 57 years last week. This week we had the coldest recorded temperature for this time of the year. Today - just rain - and more rain. I'm hoping that all this rain really will bring those May flowers!

Last week Sean and Dave and cousin Steve went salmon fishing on the Columbia one morning. Sean was lucky enough to catch a 14 pound salmon - and then shared some with Dave and I. We both agreed it was the best salmon we'd ever eaten. Dave grilled it with just a little butter and lemon - oh yum! Yesterday one of the people Dave works with caught a salmon, and since she had no idea how to fillet it, Dave did that for her. His reward - a really nice piece to bring home and grill for dinner. Delicious. Sean and Kevin went out this morning to try again - hope that the luck holds out and they both catch a fish.

We're at Cannon Beach today - went to A Pacific Way Cafe in Gearhart for lunch. I love that place! Great atmosphere - an old house converted into a restaurant. They have done a great job keeping all of the character and ambiance of the old house. There is a warmth and charm that resonates throughout the restaurant. The menu is modern and up to date with so many things I'd like to try - I'll have to go back often. Today I had a hard time deciding between the turkey sandwich and the quesadilla - I settled for the spicy quesadilla. A nice cold glass of Kendall Jackson chardonnay added very nicely to the meal.

It's evening now - still raining - I have a nice glass of Erath Pinot Noir by my side. Time to go for now - need to enjoy my wine.
Ciao

No comments: