Sunday, April 20, 2008

Move to Seattle, Tucker, and the Kittens

Last weeks poll question is now over, and we're on to a new one - be sure to vote. Results from the favorite dessert poll - creme brulet was the winner with 44% of the vote. Second place was a tie at 22% each for bread pudding and cheese and port. I LOVE all of them - but then I like dessert in general - at least good ones. Wish I had some bread pudding right now!

Since I left off on the last post with the kittens missing, I should let you know they are back - actually, they were probably never gone. I think they were just inside napping every time I was going out to look for them. I go out every morning and evening with a bowl of food. Mom is usually right there waiting. The kids are getting braver - they used to run under the house and hide the whole time I was there, but today they were actually out the whole time. They stayed close to the opening under the house, but still were brave enough to stay out the whole time I was there.

We moved Katie into her new apartment in Seattle yesterday. We went thru rain, hail, and snowstorms on the way up - crazy for the end of April! Her apartment is quite cosy and cute. She's on the third floor with a view of Ballard and the water. Very nice. The sad part was leaving Tucker with her - I've grown to love that little guy and will miss him quite a bit. He is quite a good traveler though - hardly a peep out of him all the way to Seattle - so Katie promises to bring him down every time she comes to visit. That will be nice. Sad as I am to see him go, I know that he is Katie's cat, and I know how much she missed him. I'm glad she'll have him with her - he's a good companion.

We're getting closer to being done with the tile on the bathroom floor. We put the first coat of sealer on this afternoon, and will add the second one later tonight. After that, we wait for 72 hours and we're done - yeaaaaa! We'll finish up the rest of this bathroom and then move on to the one in our bedroom. Always something to do when you have a house.

No comments: