Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life At The Zoo

Two dogs, one indoor/outdoor cat, one outdoor mother cat and her two kittens, and another indoor cat to be added on Saturday. These are the current residents of the zoo. All is going well at this point - everyone seems to know their place and just kind of goes with the flow. Jorjah is an EXCELLENT medicine taker! I wasn't so sure how that was going to go - it's a fair amount of liquid to get her to take - but no problem at all. Pills - takes them like a champ. Food - she might just be a tad bit finicky - seems she much preferes chicken over rice - imagine that! She will pick out all of the pieces of chicken, and try to leave the rice. I am trying to outsmart her by cutting the chicken into teeny tiny pieces and then mixing it well with the rice. Makes it harder for her to pick out just her favorite parts of the meal. Haha

Uh oh, just talked to Katie. She says she feels bad that she just can't deal with the cat and is bringing him back home. She's a little worried about having kids of her own - wants to know where she would return them if it doesn't work out and they keep her up at night. I need one of those little emoticon things to insert here - the one where the eyes and mouth are wide open in surprise (and maybe consternation!).

The weather has made just a little improvement today - not much, but a little. That's lucky for Dave and Sean who are now out fishing for salmon. If all goes well, there will be fish coming in the door later tonight, and on the grill for dinner tomorrow. Mmmmmm - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Today was the second anniversary of the day Lynda and I joined Jazzercise - and we celebrated by going out to lunch (I wonder why we don't lose any weight???). We went to The Cheesecake Factory - and actually for the first time ever, I had a piece of cheesecake there. It was pretty tasty - some sort of chocolate cheescake recommeded by our waiter. I brought half of it home to have for dessert tonight - way too much to eat in one sitting.

Ok, speaking of food - I think it's time to go rustle up something for myself for dinner. I think there is a whole refrigerator full of all kinds of things - not sure what I can make out of them, but I know I will come up with something scrumptious and wonderful. Besides, I'll have a nice glass of chardonnay with it - that will make it perfect no matter what.

No comments: