Sunday, April 13, 2008

Change Is Good

Change is good - or so they say. For me, it's more like I just get bored with the same old thing - so I change something. Today I decided that I was bored with looking at the same old things on my blog. Changing the colors seemed like a good idea, and the easiest thing to do. I played around with a few different combinations - nothing really stood out like WOW - I really like this. So, for the time being, these will be my new colors. They seem a little fresher - a little more spring like.

We're working on the bathroom today. Laying the tiles is kind of a BIG job. First, just laying out the tiles in a pleasing order could be kind of an ordeal. I think it's one of those things that a person could work on for hours if one were inclined - or extremely picky. I had to stop myself from getting too involved with how the whole thing was going to look. We laid them out, changed just a few, and then called it good. In the end, there will be rugs over most of them, and the only person who will probably even look at the floor is - well, I'm not sure. I was going to say me, but that's probably not true. I had lived in this house for over 15 years and had no idea what color the floor was in that bathroom until a friend mentioned it to me. Decorating, is really not something I spend a lot of time thinking about. I can usually tell you if I like something or not, but beyond that - it's all just kind of background "noise" to me. Not too meaningful. Anyway, back to the floor, I'm sure we'll all love it when it's done.

The kittens are getting bigger by the day. I swear they have quadrupled in size since we found them a week ago. They were out playing again today - with Mom in close attendance. The black one is a little more adventurous than the other one. Both pretty darn cute! I got out my camera to take pictures, but by the time I got back they were pretty much in the shadows and hard to see. Maybe next time.

No comments: