Saturday, April 12, 2008

First Day of Real Spring Weather

The kittens are still here - only they are back under the house where we orignally found them. The Mom must have decided that was a safer, quieter place for them. I have been putting food out, and have watched from a safe distane as the Mom has come out to eat. Today is our first absolutely gorgeous day of spring - 70 degrees today - and I'm loving it. I have checked on the cats several times, and the kittens have been out playing - with Mom in close proximity. They really do have the perfect place to grow up - it's nice and warm and safe under the house, and when they come out to play, they have quite a large area that is fenced in on all sides. They have grown a lot since we found them at the beginning of the week. I have a feeling they had been under the house with no way for Mom to get to them for quite a while. As soon as they were able to get some food in themselves, they just doubled in size practically overnight. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on them and see what happens.

It's such a beautiful day out - perfect temperature, deep blue sky with just a few puffy white clouds, the spring flowers are in bloom, and the trees are beginning to leaf out. There is nothing as lovely as all of the shades of green as new plants begin to show themselves. I put on shorts, a tank top, and flip flops. I got out the sunscreen and slathered my body, then threw on my lime green baseball hat, and my sunglasses. I drug a kitchen chair onto the deck ( no lawn furniture is out yet), grabbed a book - The Twelve Little Cakes - and read for an hour. OMG - it was heaven. There was just the lightest breeze that carried the scent of flowers blooming in the yard. If I had had a cushion for the lounge I would have layed down and been asleep in about two minutes flat. In the list of things I am grateful for today - this will be at the top!

Dave is Flying with Alex today - his first time up with him. What a perfect day - I'm sure they'll both have a great time. He took the video camera so I'm anxious to see what turns out. They were planning a trip out over the Red Barn - and then on to Gaston to fly over Michael's house.

We have a game tonight, and plans to eat something afterwards. We have a list of the places we might try, and phone numbers to give them a call and see how busy they might be. Should be fun.

I was really good about working on my recipes for the kids - for a while. I've kind of put off doing any more, but need to get back to it. I also would like to begin writing down some of the old stories of grandparents and their lives while I still have the chance to ask my aunts some questions about things I'm unsure of. I'm sure I'm never going to run out of things to do!

No comments: