Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Summer is on it's way

Just when you think you can't stand the rain and the cold and the gray skies, the temperature goes from 40 degrees to the 80's and 90's overnight. What is up with that??? We were still having snow just two weeks ago, and tomorrow it's supposed to be 89 degrees. I'm not really complaining - I just don't get it. Oh well, at least I'll be warm. I think it's still 70 degrees out right now at 8:00 at night. With the windows all open it's impossible to even think. Every person in the neighborhood has decided that NOW is the time to mow their lawns, use their weedeaters, and get out their damn leaf blowers to blow every blade of grass off their property. Talk about NOISE. Who cares about air pollution - I care about NOISE pollution. Make it stop.

The kittens are getting bigger by the day. They are feral cats - and at this point a real dilemma for me. I guess until I am actually able to catch them, I can put off doing anything about them. Sad.

The bathroom remodel is coming along. The floor is gone, the toilet is gone, the walls have been spackled and textured and partially painted. Cutting and placing the backerboard comes next, and after that Dave will begin marking and cutting the tiles. Apparently my estimation of how long this would take was about a week off - shows how little I know. After the bathroom floor is finished, we can move on to replacing the counter top, sink, and faucet. After that - it's DONE.

Katie will be home this weekend - we will celebrate Mother's Day with Sean. Greg and Charisse are off to South Beach, Florida on Saturday for a few days, and then on down to the Keys. I'm sure they'll have a great time.

I think that's about it for tonight. There's more going on, but not things I really care to write about. Until next time - ta ta.

No comments: